The Patient Portal is an easy and convenient way to securely communicate with your physician and staff members at any time of the day. Many providers and patients find communicating via the Patient Portal works well because unlike a phone call; both parties do not need to be available at the same time.
The Patient Portal is a convenient, secure, online tool available 24/7 that will help you:
- Exchange secure messaging with your physician and staff members
- Receive lab results
- Request medication renewals
- Request non-urgent appointments
- Access your health record
How to sign up for the Patient Portal:
Option 2: Next time you are in the office, provide the front desk with your email address and you will receive a temporary token to register. Then go to www.NextMD.com, enter your token and follow the step-by-step instructions on how to register for the Patient Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: The patient portal is NOT INTENDED to provide internet based diagnostic medical services.
Also the following limitations apply:
- No internet based triage or treatment request. Diagnoses can only be made and treatment rendered after the patient schedules and has an in-person visit with the doctor.
- No emergent communications or services. Any emergent conditions should be seen in an Emergency Department or 911
- No request for controlled medications such as pain or nerve medication will be accepted
- No request for re-fill medication not currently prescribed by your provider at UCNT
- No discussion of sensitive subject matters such as HIV, mental health, etc